What is paper review?
You can submit any of your written coursework to get feedback and suggestions for revision. This service is free to all university students. A writing tutor will review your paper and provide feedback for you to revise your paper. *The paper review does not include a similarity report--use Turnitin for this.
When can I submit a paper for review?
You can submit a draft of your paper at any time--day, night, or weekend. The service is always open and papers are returned within 24 hours.
What can I submit for review?
You can submit any written coursework. This includes papers, outlines, or discussion posts. If you are a doctoral student, you can also submit your Letter of Intent (LOI) and your Dissertation/ADP, but please submit a single chapter at a time.
Will the tutor edit my paper?
You will receive detailed feedback to help you to revise and edit, but the tutor will not directly edit your work. Feedback will include summary feedback in the email you get and margin comments you'll find directly on your paper.
How do I submit and retrieve my paper?
To submit a paper, follow these steps:
- Login into your classroom and click on the "Writing Center" link within the left navigation. Then click on the purple "Submit a Paper" button.
- Click on the “Tutoring” button on the screen that opens.
- This will open a screen to the Drop-Off Paper Review service where you will then follow the instructions on the screen to fill out a paper submission form.
You will then upload your paper to submit. Only .docx documents can be submitted. You can convert a PowerPoint presentation or any other type of document to a .docx file using a free online document converter site.
Be sure you have uploaded the correct document. If you’ve uploaded the wrong document before submitting it, click on the red X to remove the uploaded document. Once your paper is submitted, it cannot be cancelled.
Click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
When your paper is ready, you will receive a TutorMe email with a link to download your reviewed paper. Be sure to check your Spam or Junk folder. The email will contain the tutor's summary feedback/revision letter, so be sure to read this in addition to the margin comments you'll find on your paper.
Having Trouble? If you are following these directions, but are not able to upload your paper or you are getting an error message, review our Troubleshooting Guide under Paper Review Issues.
To retrieve a previously reviewed paper, follow these steps:
- Follow the same process you went through to submit your paper above.
- When you get to the Drop Off Paper Review screen, agree to the terms to get to the submission form for submitting a paper.
- Close the paper submission form by clicking on the X in the upper right side of the screen to reveal your TutorMe dashboard.
- From within the TutorMe dashboard, open your student account area to find the “Past Lessons” tab.
- You will find previously reviewed papers within “Writing Lab.”
How do I use the feedback provided?
Getting feedback is an important part of the writing process, but getting feedback cannot help if you do not apply it. When your paper is ready, you will receive a TutorMe email with a link to download your reviewed paper. Be sure to check your Spam or Junk folder. The email will contain the tutor's summary feedback/revision letter, so be sure to read this in addition to the margin comments you'll find on your paper.
To learn how to use feedback provided, see our page on Applying Feedback.
Having an issue with using paper review?
Visit our FAQ/Troubleshooting page for answers to your questions.
Related Video Tutorials
NetTutor or Net Tutor