The Writing Center offers a variety of resources to assist online instructors.
As faculty and staff, you might notice a student struggling with grammar, punctuation, meeting assignment expectations, plagiarism, and/or other writing-related concerns. To support these students, you can refer a student to the Writing Center at any time. For help with this process, please click on the appropriate link for your school below:
Each College has a Writing Center liaison to serve as the direct point of contact for all faculty, course or program leads, and course developers within that College. As liaisons, we assist with the following:
- Answer questions about writing, APA, or resources available
- Answer questions about scaffolding writing assignments
- Develop customized writing resources for a course/assignment (video, sample annotated paper or outline, tip sheet, etc.)
- Suggest writing and APA guides to embed within assignments and course guides
- Take suggestions for future resources and discuss other ways to support you
Jennifer Dunn, M.F.A.
Liaison to DoGE, CoLA, and CoE
Millie Jones, M.A., M.Ed.
Liaison to CoHHSS and Forbes
Tanya Quinn, Ed.D. (ABD)
Liaison to University of the Rockies
- Improving Student Writing and Reading: Improving Rhetorical Awareness
- Create more awareness of audience, purpose, context, and other parts of the rhetorical situation into assignments and readings. Usable resource included!
- Writing Matters! Part I: Introduction to Giving Effective Feedback
- Part II: Feedback Workshop: What is effective feedback and how to give it?
- Part I focuses on best practices and time management for providing effective feedback on student writing. Part II is a workshop of just-in-time lessons with a practice on giving effective in-text comments and other feedback techniques. This series also provides a working “Playbook” of effective comments on writing and how you can upload these into your personal Waypoint library of comments.
- APA Refresher
- This module provides a quick refresher to help you feel confident about your APA knowledge, and will help you to give consistent and appropriate feedback to students.