The Writing Center offers a variety of resources to assist online instructors.
As faculty and staff, you might notice a student struggling with grammar, punctuation, meeting assignment expectations, plagiarism, and/or other writing-related concerns. To support these students, you can refer a student to the Writing Center at any time. For help with this process, please click on the appropriate link for your school below:
We created a library of announcements showcasing our writing supports that you can post in your classroom. These announcements are ready to go, so you don’t have to create the content!
You’ll notice that they are Word documents, but within each Word document is the HTML code for the announcement, which you can copy and paste into your announcement's HTML Editor. For help posting these HTML announcements, watch this quick tutorial.
- Welcome to the Writing Center Announcement
- Writing Center & Library Announcement
- Paper Review Announcement
- Copy & Paste Plagiarism Announcement
- Plagiarism Announcement
- Grammarly Announcement
- Undergraduate vs. Graduate Writing Announcement
- Top 10 Resources for DoGE
- Top 10 Resources for Forbes
- Top 10 Resources for CoE
- Top 10 Resources for CoHHSS
- Top 10 Resources for CoLA
Each College has a Writing Center liaison to serve as the direct point of contact for all faculty, course or program leads, and course developers within that college. As liaisons, we assist with the following:
Answer questions about available writing resources and student supports.
We answer questions about the writing or APA resources available and the student supports we offer. We are also happy to hear suggestions for future resources and discuss other ways to support you. Reach out to your Writing Center liaison at any time.
Answer questions about scaffolding writing assignments
We offer guidance on scaffolding writing assignments to guide students through the writing process and support student outcomes.
Create Custom Writing-Related Resources
We create customized resources to help students accurately complete assignments for courses under revision or development.
Suggest Writing Resources to Embed
We suggest Writing Center resources to embed within assignments.
Jennifer Dunn, M.F.A.
Liaison to DoGE, CoLA, and CoE
Millie Jones, M.A., M.Ed.
Liaison to CoHHSS and Forbes
- Improving Student Writing and Reading: Improving Rhetorical Awareness
- Create more awareness of audience, purpose, context, and other parts of the rhetorical situation into assignments and readings. Usable resource included!
- Writing Matters! Part I: Introduction to Giving Effective Feedback & Part II: Feedback Workshop: What is effective feedback and how to give it?
- Part I focuses on best practices and time management for providing effective feedback on student writing. Part II is a workshop of just-in-time lessons with a practice on giving effective in-text comments and other feedback techniques. This series also provides a working “Playbook” of effective comments on writing and how you can upload these into your personal Waypoint library of comments.
- APA Refresher
- This module provides a quick refresher to help you feel confident about your APA knowledge, and will help you to give consistent and appropriate feedback to students.