Exclamation marks (!) express strong emotions such as joy, enthusiasm, disbelief, surprise, or urgency. Do not use them too often, or they will lose their impact.
- Strong emotions or commands
Use an exclamation mark to express a strong emotion or a command.
- Our project team won the award!
- Don't miss this week's department store sale!
- After a single word for intensity
Use an exclamation mark after a single word to express intense feeling. Do not use an exclamation mark after a mild interjection such as oh or well.
- Yes! I agree.
- Oh, I thought they won the game.